H there from chilly Edmonton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donnajo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Edmonton AB Can.. land of long winters, fabulous s
I am new to this fishy world, however, being a Pisces.. I guess it's fitting.
My loving partner thought this would keep me calm :)

I have a Fluval Edge, 48 L tank with live plants, 2 shrimp, 6 peacock tetras and 5 rummynose tetras... and... just over that past few days... GREAT algea... beautiful green and wavy... although I don't it's a postive the shimps are happy!
Any advise, feedback is welcome as I want to keep my little buddies around and my Kats love the tank. :fish2:

Welcome. From Ontario here but I'm a salty. Sounds like ya have a nice tank going. Keep us posted and welcome. :)

Warm welcomes are always great!

As I said I am a novice and finding that info you get in "pet" shops is ofte... less than ideal, shall we say.

So learning curve is great as I don't want to kill any of my new chumms :whistle:

I am needing to learn, receive advise on this algae thing.. is there a good book that would show me pictures? Cleaned the tanko this morning and now noticing that there is brownish stringy stuff on the foliage... live... I am assuming that Sid I and II shrimps will attached themselves to this.

Y'all have a great weekend, we are warm and snowy... Happy Imbolc in case there are any other pagan fish folk out there!:fish1:

Back
Top Bottom