Had fish plenty before, becoming more intense with it now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chiroptera

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, my name's Ashley, and like most people I've has one or two small tanks before, but now I've decided to bring out my interests in aquatic nature.

The first tank I had was seven or so years ago, and my mother bought it for me. It had some Comets in it, (from the feeder section of the pet store) and they all did pretty well, but I had a horrible green algae or plant that clogged the entire 10 gallon tank within a couple of days.

The second one was nice, I had a few rosy barbs and some swordtails, all red and orange, in a tank, but I made the mistake of buying an electric blue crayfish (or, affectionately known in the south as crawdad, hah.) And he demolished just about everything.

With this tank I'm making sure to do everything by the books, but so far I'm having a few issues, which is why I think this forum will do me a lot of good.

I'm currently saving up for a 75 gallon tank, which will house my two sun/eclipse catfish and my African Brown Knife once they reach full size. (So, with the knife growing to full size in about a year, it'll probably be 2-6 months.)

Right now the trio are in a 10-gallon nursery tank (where I'll raise my top swimmers when I find some suitable ones, so once the cats are a foot long each my new additions won't become snacks.) and they're all about one inch long. I have medium-sized river stones as substrate and all fake plants, BUT, it looks like a very realistic river setting, so I think I did alright.

Anyways, my fish are all fine and my water readings are great, but I'm having tons of issues with third-level life forms, like worms and larvae. So hopefully with this great community of fish lovers and experts, I can get my tank perfected and my fish ready for their big adventure once I get their permanent home! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom