Happy New Year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Treehouse

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been keeping freshwater fish for about 12 years. For the past 6 I have had a 125 gal cichlid tank.
Right now I am struggling with a significant algae problem which I've never had before. I think it has something to do with switching to love a rock in my fish became quite large and my smaller ornaments we're no longer big enough.
I am using clearmax in my fluval filter and do frequent maintenance but don't have much luck at cutting back the algae. Any ideas?
( sorry about the sideways pics..also seem to have an Android screen rotation problem lately...)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1420141715577.jpg
    1420141715577.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 1420141736368.jpg
    1420141736368.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 64
That's not necessarily a bad thing in a cichlid tank, surely they are nibbling on it? How long the lights on?? If you want to nuke it? Go to cvs and but a case of hydrogen peroxide, fill a 5 gal bucket and leave the rocks in there for an hour.. rinse them very well and place back in tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks... Yes they are nibbling on it. The biggest problem is the amount that starting to grow on the glass, I can't keep up with it and the pleco is a bit lazy. I do have h2o2 for my hot tub so I'll try your suggestion to at least cut it back

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom