Happy New Year from an Aquarium Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bangster

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Happy New year to you all.
My 6yr old daughter received a Tetra AquaArt Explorer Line 60 Liter tank (16 gallon) for Christmas.
Together we set it up yesterday.
I know we need to wait a few days before adding fish and our local aquarium shop will test a water sample for us.

uploading a image

How many fish would you recommend for a tank this size?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Start small with a few hardy fish. She might like tetras, there are many varieties, maybe a school of 5 to 7. Danios are also quite hardy, a small school. Alternatively that's a generous size for a Betta, they're very pretty.

That's a nice start, there. Glowlight tetras are also pretty and easy to keep. Maybe a honey dwarf gourami or two. That tank really isn't made for fish that like to race from end to end.

Thanks for the advice, I took a water sample down to the local fish center today and it tested good. I introduced 5 small neons today. In a week or so he advised me to take another sample and if all is well we can start introducing some other variety’s.

Thanks Lucylulu,
My daughter loves it and secretly so do I! I can see this becoming rather addictive!
9_C8797_A2_3_FA4_42_D3_A395_518781_DD85_EF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom