Have I over stocked my 80l tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wayner28000

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have an 80l tank with 14 mountain minnows and 3 mollies 2 gravel eaters and 1 fighter fish is this to many for my tank?

Please guys any advice would be more then welcome as if there is to many I would take a few back to the fish store :) I'm very new to this

Hi wayner,
Do you happen to know the dimensions of your tank, and also what specific type of "gravel eaters"? There are quite a few varieties so it's a bit hard to give you advice without knowing.
Also, by fighter fish, I am assuming you mean a betta?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Your Tank

I have an 80l tank with 14 mountain minnows and 3 mollies 2 gravel eaters and 1 fighter fish is this to many for my tank?

Hello way...

Don't fret over whether or not you have too many fish. You have them now, so just make sure they have pure water, by changing half of it every week. Feed a little bit of a variety of mostly frozen, a little freeze dried and a tiny bit of flaked food. Add some easy to care for plants like Hornwort, Amazon sword, Singapore moss and Anubias. The floating plants are especially important to a tank. They're natural water filters and help maintain a stable water chemistry. Add a good cleaning crew like Ramshorn snails. I keep quite a few and they help clean up the bottom of the tank and keep the algae under control.

B

Hi wayner,
Do you happen to know the dimensions of your tank, and also what specific type of "gravel eaters"? There are quite a few varieties so it's a bit hard to give you advice without knowing.
Also, by fighter fish, I am assuming you mean a betta?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hi :)
Sorry I just know it's an 80l square tank and the gravel eaters will grow up to 6cm

Back
Top Bottom