Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg

Aquarium Advice Regular
Greetings! I am and avid fish lover, not necessarily fish keeper- the budget/space is not too available at the moment. I have a 3g and decent sized bowl, which will be upgraded, with two betta fish, Rex and Otis.

:)Otis is the old one with the 3g and is a purple and red veiltail.
:king:Rex is a crowntail and is as hyper as anything.

If anyone has any questions about bettas let me know!

Welcome to the site! Are you a camper (your avatar)? I find myself going camping about every other weekend in the summer... have you been out yet this year? Memorial Day?

Again, welcome to the site! :)

Welcome to the site! Are you a camper (your avatar)? I find myself going camping about every other weekend in the summer...
I don't understand how people can camp in the summer... I sweat just walking outside! I much prefer to camp when I wake up to frost on the tent, and I don't have to worry about my milk for my cereal, because it's half frozen anyway. Sitting in front of a campfire because it feels good, not because it's the only place to cook dinner :)

Up here in the North East, especially Pittsburgh, the summers don't get extremely hot. Also, when I go camping the rain clouds usually follow, kind of like a curse. I agree, camping on hot summer days is dreadful. I usually bring a fan to plug in, if all else fails, I go out on the boat for a dip :)

welcometoaa.gif

Up here in the North East, especially Pittsburgh, the summers don't get extremely hot. Also, when I go camping the rain clouds usually follow, kind of like a curse. I agree, camping on hot summer days is dreadful. I usually bring a fan to plug in, if all else fails, I go out on the boat for a dip :)
Plug in?? You have electricity? That's not camping then - That's cheating :p

Haha, the wifey usually makes me run a fan or a heater (in the winter) off my truck battery. :) I've been tent camping in Tionesta where all the wine and beer in my cooler, which was in my tent, broke open and froze overnight. Woke up in the morning with a mini cloud at the top of our tent from I assume our breath... very cold!

The last time I went camping was many years ago with the Boy Scouts. It was a 50 mile afoot/afloat hike in Bear Mountain, NY, and we had a "dilly" of a scoutmaster.
We were caught in a good snowstorm and had to camp for the night. Our beloved scoutmaster found a clearing where we pitched tents and bedded down with a fire.
The next morning, after the snow had passed, I was brushing away the snow on the ground to find some firewood, and noticed some yellow on the ground. After brushing more away, we soon discovered it was a dotted highway line. We had camped in the middle of a highway!
Fortunately, we discovered later that it was a highway never used and long closed, but, nonetheless, a real "dilly" of a scoutmaster.
Thanks for letting me share that.

Bob R

Back
Top Bottom