Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mossmouse

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to this forum, and relatively new to fishkeeping. I've had aquariums off and on while growing up and I like to think I'm somewhat experienced but lately I've been learning alot more! Right now my main interest is in breeding swordtails (my profile has what fish I have right now). I hope to gain lots of insight into sucessful fishkeeping and hopefully be able to help someone else out at times!
I'd also like to learn more about having a "natural" aquarium setup, with *real* plants and fish that are from the same region, the right water parameters, etc. Plastic plants and mix-n-match fish are all I do right now. Trying to get away from chemical treatments for illness and such, when possible.

Welcome to the sight!!! :)
You do have a place ready for your swordtail fry right? Sorry but i just want to make sure. My black mollies just had 40+ babies on her first ever batch and since swordtails are alot like mollies it is likely that you will have alot of fry. Atleast 50 i would think. Oh and you really dont have to do anything to breed them just keep up with PWCs and keep the temp up and you shhould have babies about once a month. Good luck. I hope you can learn alot on this sight.

Welcome to the site MossMouse.
It sounds like you are where I was a couple of years ago. I knew a lot about fish in general but nothing about plants and no detailed information about any particular fish. I have found that by setting up single species tanks and actually studying the fish before getting them, I am learning a lot more. Another thing that has moved me forward has been joining my local aquarium club. It is a place you can learn lots and can get fish that are never available in the stores.

Back
Top Bottom