Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biogeek

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all! I have enjoyed reading various threads on this forum for quite some time and decided that perhaps I should just join the fun. I am a grad student in Biology, specifically, I study behavioral ecology in aquatic systems. I work in a lab that researches sexual selection in mollies and a couple of other Poeciliids. Like many biologists, a take a little of my work home with me for fun. I have been keeping fish tanks since I was about 7 years old, but have never been overly serious about it. About 3 years ago I decided that I wanted to amp up the level to keeping live plants with my fish. I have done reasonably well with that (not an elaborate set-up) and have recently moved to my biggest tank yet (a 29 gal). I'm hoping to fill out my tank with live plants (as opposed to keeping just a few easy to grow species) and am hoping to pick up tips along the way. Currently I have 2 mollies and some natural guppies (my violet goby just passed away from old age - sniff) and am also hoping to add a couple new species to the tank. Hope I find good help on here!

Back
Top Bottom