Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antipixx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i'm new to the site. I'm currently running a 20 gal. w/ 2 angels,2 silver hatchets,2plecos& 3 cory cats. Also a 10 gal w/ 3 blk. Neon tetras, 3 leopard danios & 5 ghost shrimp & 2 beta tanks both under 3 gal. There it is hello to all.

24 inches, 2 feet, whatever you wanna call it. Once again... Rehoming might be a good idea... But you do what you like. You could always start a small pond. Lol.:D

I could use the tub but my wife might get mad lol rehoming seems to be the only choice. How long till he's full grown?

I'm afraid they grow very quickly. Full grown in 6 months unless stunted. (stunting is cruel, don't go there) that's the only reason I say rehome him. You could do the tub, I guess lol. If you don't want to rehome... the pond?

Don't have the room or yard and a 125 gal. Tank is a little out of my price range right now.

Ya. That's the problem. People go out and buy something, and the people at the fish stores just bag them up, and tell them that pleco will do great in that twenty gallon tank! Then you find a great place like this and learn the truth, and boom, you wind up rehoming a soon to be 2 foot fish. It's sad really.

I know it makes me mad the kid at the store said he'll only get 6-7 in. Guess it's true about fish tales huh?

Ya. When you find a new home for him, I'd try a bristlenose or a rubberlip. THOSE are the ones that stay about 5-6 inches. (better algae eaters too!)

Those should only get about 4" but still pretty fat...I wouldn't keep one in a 20.

Ya, maybe just Rehome the common, and upgrade to a 30 or 40 gallon. This way the angels (which could use some more room) and the pleco can both have an ample amount of space.

Back
Top Bottom