Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I added the ebay link where we got the tank from (pick up tomorrow) but there was a message saying that the message needed to go through moderation before being online. But when we got it I will definitely do this.

Just a question, when is it best to add plants? Before/during of after the cycling?

Oh and because it's a second hand aquarium, I understand that the cycle will be faster, as well, we will be using their filters

As long as there were no diseases and the filter media and substrate didn't dry out then you are correct

Good, I'll ask when picking up.

I know that the lights need to be changed every X months, even if they still look to work, so it is still effective for the plants, but I don't remember how long that is?

felybee said:
Good, I'll ask when picking up.

I know that the lights need to be changed every X months, even if they still look to work, so it is still effective for the plants, but I don't remember how long that is?

That question is best asked in the freshwater forum under the plant section. My plants are silk. One day I will get into the plants.

Deckape said:
That question is best asked in the freshwater forum under the plant section. My plants are silk. One day I will get into the plants.

Yeah. I have the elusive silk fern, and plastic flowerbud plants. Lol.

Hi guys,

We got the aquarium, and we put it in water and everything. We added the chlorine killer thingy and some stress coat as it was all provided with the tank. We made the test after 24 hours, and everything seamed running as a cycled tank.

We waited a few days anyways, and yesterday went to our LFS. We brought with us some of our water to get another opinion, and they said it looked cycled.

The aquarium was in water until recently before the end of the auction, and the filter was still full of water/media and lots of debris.

So to me it only seams that our water needed just to run through the filter for a while, and the test confirm this. What do you think?

If your aquarium is cycled your numbers should be, 0 ammonia; 0 nitrites; 5-20 nitrates.

If your numbers are like those then you have a cycled aquarium.

Good luck and stay in touch

Yes, I confirm it is cycled.

We went to buy some guppies yesterday to the same LFS, and this morning, I found one of the females giving birth. As a result we have 26 babies. We bought in total 2 males and 5 females. But it looks like one of the male is gay. He shows off in front of the other male and tried a couple of times to mate with him. That's strange isn't it?

Congratulations and hope the guppies get oriented. Please stay in touch

They are so cute :) Last night I surprised them just before I go to bed, and they were all sleeping next to each other on the dune I made in a corner of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom