Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello my name is redsea. I currently have a 55 gallon aquarium with a blue hippo tang, a clownfish, a triggerfish, and a Dottyback. I know many people say a blue hippo tang is to big for a 55 gallon tank, but he seems to be just fine. He came with the tank when I bought him. What are your thoughts? I also have a 34 gallon with another clown, a sixline wrasse, and two pajama cardinal fish. Lastly, I have a 20 gallon freshwater.

welcome to AA:) the hippo tang will most definitely need a bigger tank,i suggest you rehome it. whats in the 20 fw?

welcome to AA:) the hippo tang will most definitely need a bigger tank,i suggest you rehome it. whats in the 20 fw?

Well around Christmas time, I hope to upgrade to at least a 125 gallon, would that be enough? In my FW, there is a Neon Tetra, 2 other tetras, 2 Albino Corys, and a Pleco.

Well around Christmas time, I hope to upgrade to at least a 125 gallon, would that be enough? In my FW, there is a Neon Tetra, 2 other tetras, 2 Albino Corys, and a Pleco.
i dont know if a 125 is big enough,but it will need an upgrade much sooner than that. the tetras will need at least 6 of each kind,and the corys need at least 4,preferabky 6. depending on the species of pleco,it could need an 125 gallon tank

i dont know if a 125 is big enough,but it will need an upgrade much sooner than that. the tetras will need at least 6 of each kind,and the corys need at least 4,preferabky 6. depending on the species of pleco,it could need an 125 gallon tank

Ok thanks! I am giving my pleco to my neighbor who has a 125 gallon. As far as the tetras and corys go, can I fit that many more fish in a 20 gallon? I appreciate your help.

Ok thanks! I am giving my pleco to my neighbor who has a 125 gallon. As far as the tetras and corys go, can I fit that many more fish in a 20 gallon? I appreciate your help.
i think 4 corys,6,and 6 tetras would be good,maybe even 6 corys if you had good filtrationj.

Back
Top Bottom