Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

not-pro

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I'm new here. I'm trying to learn this aquarium stuff... and I'm very open to advise.

I however, am very very excited about this hobby and the chat room is blocked at my work so I'm kind of lonely in my excitement while at work. If anybody is willing to make a leap of faith, I'd love to have somebody to chat with while I'm at work; about aquarium stuff. If you're interested, please PM me with your gmail address, or alternatively I can give you mine. (unfortunately, only gmail will work)

Anyway... I'm really really wanting to learn more about this hobby and have spent almost 300$ just setting up a 5 gallon for a single betta so far. I'm really trying to make this little prick happy but he is the single most nit picky fish I've ever met. I had to try 3 different pumps before I found one that made the water stagnant enough for him. Then I determined he was a lot more active if I turned the light off, so I replaced the bulb with a 5100K bulb. The tank was about 28$ to start with... and all the other chemicals and stuff I had to buy (a lot of it supposedly wasted but I'll test the results I get from my strips against my api master test kit and if they're similar then I'll use up the test strips if I can first).

Thanks for reading!

Back
Top Bottom