Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platy101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i currently have a 10 gallon fish tank with platy. These have a working tetrA heqter that adjusts automaticay to 76-80 degrees. It has some rocks to provide some hiding places and also has a long orange plastic plant. Along with this it comes with a colorful decoration for hiding. My fish tank receives 9-10 hours of light and is turned off around 8:30. I 've had this tank running with fish for two years . Please advice me for any tips or suggestions!!!!!!!!
M

Welcome to AA :) sounds like you've got it under control. Only thing I'd say is go bigger! Lol

Welcome!!!!!!! Sounds like you have a good tank, although I agree with Mrc8858, you should definitely go bigger, and get another tank! Try moving onto something more challenging, like a biotope or saltwater! :)

FishGeek97 said:
Welcome!!!!!!! Sounds like you have a good tank, although I agree with Mrc8858, you should definitely go bigger, and get another tank! Try moving onto something more challenging, like a biotope or saltwater! :)

Although i have all the essentials, i have a hard time on keeping the water crystaline

I am having some difficulty in having the water in crystaline condition... What is recommended??

What kind of filter are you running? For the best "polished" look you'll want to run either a canister filter or throw a media reactor on with carbon. (you can add some other media also like biofilters/phospate,ammo,nitrate sponge for even more filtration)

Mrc8858 said:
What kind of filter are you running? For the best "polished" look you'll want to run either a canister filter or throw a media reactor on with carbon. (you can add some other media also like biofilters/phospate,ammo,nitrate sponge for even more filtration)

I am currently using an aqueon filter that uses cartridges

Mrc8858 said:

Even though i constantly clean and and replace cartridges, my water condition always looks clear yet yellowish color. I gravel vaccumed by fish tank a week ago and that somehow made it more clear but it still contains that same yellowish color

How many platys do u have!? Lol I would say the coloring problem may be due to being so overstocked or perhaps your light. Do you know what temp you light color is?

Mrc8858 said:
How many platys do u have!? Lol I would say the coloring problem may be due to being so overstocked or perhaps your light. Do you know what temp you light color is?

Yeah those platys started mating like crazy and i just didnt want to end with the little guys so i kept them. My wtaer temp is 78 degrees and i dont think the lighting is the problem. When i turned it on it was a bright white color.

Different bulbs have different "temperatures" that will make the color different. Yellow lighting I believe is around 2500-3500 Kelvin which could be your yellow hue. Also to combat your breeding problem you could keep all males or just get a bigger tank and let them stock it thru breeding lol

Mrc8858 said:
Different bulbs have different "temperatures" that will make the color different. Yellow lighting I believe is around 2500-3500 Kelvin which could be your yellow hue. Also to combat your breeding problem you could keep all males or just get a bigger tank and let them stock it thru breeding lol

Thx but i braely got my lighting like a week ago because one of my cousins sold it to me but even before i had this lighting my water condition still had that yellow tint on it.

Oh and yes i am going to get a seperate tank to divide these:)

Back
Top Bottom