Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubigonz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, my name is Gonzo, and I have a 450 gallon tank that is set up with freshwater. Currently I have 2 Red Belly Pacus, 2 Oscar, 3 Tiger barbs, and 1 Pleco. I bought the tank on craigslist and it came with a wet/dry or sump type system. I do not like it and have problems with the flow and do not trust it. Currently I am awaiting my order of 2 Fluval FX5 cannister filters. right now when I am not at home to monitor, I use my marineland c-360 (canister rated 100g) and aquaclear power filter (rated 110g) I plan on keeping the aquaclear in use with my 2 Fluval fx5's. I also have 2 Aqueon circulation pumps model 950(gph). As soon as my fluvals come in I am taking the 55 gallon sump sytem out and hoping for a more organized and clean tank. I am on here to learn as much as I can. I have had a 100 gallon tank for 1 year and felt very comfortable at the end with the maintanance. This one is a lot larger and without the proper filtration a lot more work. the background is black &white due to a Black/White theme party that we had this past weekend. Also I plan on refinishing the stand this weekend.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks, Gonzo

Attachments

• aqua.jpg
    aqua.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 75
  • aqua1.jpg
    aqua1.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 60
I just checked and my first fx5 will be here tomorrow. I have been checking the forum and see a few members having some issues that seem to have good feedback from other members on troubleshooting. I am glad to have found this forum and happy to be able to be able to research at the palm if my hand. I see some great tanks on here and hope that I can get my "chemistry project" up to par with some of the set ups that I see. I know I jumped into something big with this 450 gallon but I couldn't pass it up. Already invested more than I paid for the aquarium. I am looking forward to hearing any advice on making my aquarium a great environment with fish and beautiful display.

rubigonz said:
I just checked and my first fx5 will be here tomorrow. I have been checking the forum and see a few members having some issues that seem to have good feedback from other members on troubleshooting. I am glad to have found this forum and happy to be able to be able to research at the palm if my hand. I see some great tanks on here and hope that I can get my "chemistry project" up to par with some of the set ups that I see. I know I jumped into something big with this 450 gallon but I couldn't pass it up. Already invested more than I paid for the aquarium. I am looking forward to hearing any advice on making my aquarium a great environment with fish and beautiful display.

Hello and welcome. Amazing looking tank, I can only dream of having one this big. Best of luck to you

Back
Top Bottom