Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StuartBay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everybody, I have just joined the site hoping to just find out more about aquariums see how other people do things :) Also joined to see if I can get some help if god forbid anything was to go wrong with my tank :) happy posting everybody!

I have a 330l tank with a lid filter thing but I actually have a 1400LH canister(not sure of the name) going through the lid filter and the 900LH power head running through the lid as well, power head is also used to just keep some of the water flowing. There is no media in the lid filter I have changed this for biochemical cotton. I have 4 Penguin Tetras, 12 European Neons, Guppies (quite a few as they have had babies not to sure how many about 20 will be getting rid of some when they a little bit bigger) 6 Zebra Danios, Female Fighter, 2 Swordtails, 3 Platys, 2 Peppered Corys, 1 Royal Pleco, 1 Sailfin Pleco, 1 Dwarf Gourami, 2x Upside Down Catfish. I know it's overcrowded but they all seem to be happy and I am regularly keeping check on the water quality.

Welcome to AA glad you found us here :) what do you currently have up and running?

Mrc8858 said:
Welcome to AA glad you found us here :) what do you currently have up and running?

I edited my last post with what I'm running. I do have a question?! There is floating white bits in my tank and it looks very unsightly any ideas of how to get rid of them?

Well with that heavy of a stock keeping the water crystal clear is gonna be a whole other job in itself but to do it you can run extra carbon and polyfloss in your filters or even hook up a reactor to run it seperately.

Mrc8858 said:
Well with that heavy of a stock keeping the water crystal clear is gonna be a whole other job in itself but to do it you can run extra carbon and polyfloss in your filters or even hook up a reactor to run it seperately.

Okay, where would I be able to get carbon and poly-floss from? Should I put it In between the media in the canister or put it in the filter lid? Thank you for your help!

Im not familiar with that type of filter so I can't be for sure but you should be able to purchase carbon and poly floss from your lfs/lps

Mrc8858 said:
Im not familiar with that type of filter so I can't be for sure but you should be able to purchase carbon and poly floss from your lfs/lps

That's okay, I'm sure I could figure it out maybe just trial and error. Thank you for your help again.

Back
Top Bottom