Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dare2smile

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone!

I'm a long time fish/aquarium lover and have often browsed these threads but I haven't joined until now.

I've got two tanks back home in St. Louis, one twenty and one ten gallon. The ten I set up for my brother, so he's got a few goldfish and a plecto in it.

The twenty is miiiine. It's a number of years old, evolving as my tastes have. It's planted, with rock caves I built. I keep community fish, with generations of guppies being my favorite. I loved when I noticed they had all become yellow and black.. And within a few months of me tossing a bright orange fellow in, orange fry started showing up! I've got a few cardinal tetras and one long skirted black tetra for another one of my brothers. Gah. I love my tank and I wish I had a picture!

Alas, I live in California now and so my uncle decided a fish tank would be just the thing to perk me up. So we've got another twenty gallon that we're putting together. It's less than a week old, but it's got a fun pirate ship (him) and a few live plants (me!). I'm giving those bulb packs another shot, so they're hanging out, soaking up water as well. It will likely be another community fish tank, as guppies are my favorite little fishies ever.

With this tank though, my uncle has caught the bug (devilish grin). Another uncle has a ten gallon that he's not using, so we may go snatch it away and turn it into a betta tank. He also got an idea for staggered smaller (2 gal) tanks to house bettas.. I'm so excited I don't know what to do haha

:D

Also, a pic of the new tank. Oh the possibilities!

image-2665196360.jpg

Back
Top Bottom