Hello :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iDive2008

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My boyfriend and I have just recently become aquarium fanatics. We bought a 10 gallon tank. I went to work and came home and he had another 10 gallon. Someone at work gave us a 15 gallon and then he bought a 75 gallon from a friend for cheap with a stand. Catch is we had to clean it(gross the guy had turtles and sold the turtles and left the water and rocks and all other remains in the bottom) do we only have the 15 gallon now with 2 small guppies, 6 neon tetras, a corydora catfish, a dwarf gourami and a sucker fish that we can't find anywhere lol. All really small. Under 1/1.5 inches. We have one of the 10 gallons set up for filtering so we have water handy for Water changes. We want to eventually move everything to the 75 gallon but we want I have live plants and I'm a bit of a craft person so I'm going to craft my own tank displays for inside (speaking of.. any suggestions or sealing tank decor is awesome... And greatly appreciated) ive done some research and found everyone saying krylon polyurethane is the best? Anyways. I want to make a rooting system. I have uploaded pictures of our dwarf gourami. Maybe it's just me but her(I say her because she's pretty I do not know her actual sex) dorsal fin on the top has something wrong. When we first got her Is the brighter picture and we've had her... A week or 2 and now only part of the fin is working? Help?

Attachments

• image-3901814839.jpg
    image-3901814839.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 70
  • image-4069833002.jpg
    image-4069833002.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 40
Hi and welcome!

100% silicone should work for making your own decorations.

As for the fish, looks like it tore it's fin on something. It's hard to tell from the pic; is the injury red at all or fuzzy or discolored? If not, then just keep the water clean and maybe add some Stress Coat to promote healing and see how it does.

Thank you is the stress coat something you just drip in the water? It's not red. It's kinda dark. Looks black but I don't think it is I think it's the lighting. We used to have just the 10 gallon in the living now out spare room is the fish room and were working on the lighting. I hope these pics r better at the top in the front and the bottom in the front it's got a dark tint an whenever she tries to lift them up only a couples I the very front spines go up

Attachments

• image-368986590.jpg
    image-368986590.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 49
  • image-2482849530.jpg
    image-2482849530.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom