Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Btw what is a hob filter? We do have a filter on the intake of filter. Wife was afraid that since we will b adding small fish they would get sucked up. dde0f

A hob filter is a Hang on Back filter. Do a quick google image search if you don't know what that is :)

We have gravel and 3 live plants (didn't know if that would come into play or not).

Ok
Malaysians trumpet snails or mystery snails. There r others but I'm not gonna mention those cuz those r usually not sold in pet stores or r harder to take care of.

The difference between them is that mystery snails grow a lot bigger ( max is golf ball size ) and r more active in the day.
Malaysian trumpets r a lot smaller ( max length around 3/4-1 inch long ) they also help with waste/leftover food in the substrate becuz they r burrowers and will dig through the gravel. They won't dig up the plants though. :) however, they r more active at night and some will only come out at night.

The difference between them is that mystery snails grow a lot bigger ( max is golf ball size ) and r more active in the day.
Malaysian trumpets r a lot smaller ( max length around 3/4-1 inch long ) they also help with waste/leftover food in the substrate becuz they r burrowers and will dig through the gravel. They won't dig up the plants though. :) however, they r more active at night and some will only come out at night.

That's great info! I was worried that they would eat plants. :)

That's great info! I was worried that they would eat plants. :)

Nope. They don't eat plants.
Some other snails do ( like mine ) will eat plants but my snails r SUPER RARE and very hard to find. Not to mention they r expensive.
Malaysian trumpets and mysterys eat algae and waste material, etc

Nope. They don't eat plants.
Some other snails do ( like mine ) will eat plants but my snails r SUPER RARE and very hard to find. Not to mention they r expensive.
Malaysian trumpets and mysterys eat algae and waste material, etc

Wow!! Well I won't get any of those :)

What type of fish did u want for ur 6 gal? ( sorry, I got sidetracked onto other subjects )

Well we have a beta. My kids wanted a fish ASAP :). But we are probably going to do neons and guppies. Maybe 3 neons and 2 guppies. Then have a snail or shrimp. Leaning more towards snails. After some of the things I've read up on shrimp.

Well we have a beta. My kids wanted a fish ASAP :). But we are probably going to do neons and guppies. Maybe 3 neons and 2 guppies. Then have a snail or shrimp. Leaning more towards snails. After some of the things I've read up on shrimp.

I raise shrimp and snails. Snails r definitely easier to take care of.

Yup. Hope u the best of luck on this tank and on any others.
If u have any other questions just post it and we'll answere ASAP :)

Back
Top Bottom