Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jsk8tes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just arrived and doing a lot of research. Great info here.

I'm not new to fishkeeping. Currently have a 55gallon freshwater tropical tank and had to re-home/breakdown three other tanks (two 20gallon and a 30gallon saltwater) last summer when my husband was diagnosed with cancer and was going to need 24/7 care for 3-4mos. I knew I wouldn't have the time but couldn't get rid of all of them.

My husband's doing great now, but my poor tank suffered some neglect. It was my first and I've had it for 12 years. Before my husband's surgery, it got weekly attention. But through his recovery it got monthly, barely. January, when I resumed my weekly changes, I didn't bother testing :facepalm: and thought all was well. Everybody in the tank doing well. But alas, everything got off kilter eventually and I lost two schools (6 dwarf rainbows and 6 lemon tetras). Now I'm researching your forums here for some help and think we're on the road to recovery....for EVERYONE!

Gh is sky high at 180 and the pH is 6.0! :eek: Luckily no ammonia but I'm watching that carefully since I'm doing daily 10% water changes and testing, testing, testing for any spike. No nitrites either.

The remaining inhabitants are mature and apparently hanging in there.

Thanks for the forum!

Jennifer

Back
Top Bottom