hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brq07

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi! i'm fairly new to owning fish tanks, just w/in the past few months. i have 1 10 gallon freshwater tank, currently w/ a dwarf pleco, 3 neon tetras and 1 platy (gift from my husband, who totally forgot i'm treating the tank and battling ich @ the moment :facepalm:). i discovered this forum while searching for a couple of questions about ich and treatment w/ coppersafe (3 tank buddies suggested coppersafe). so i'll be posting those questions in another post :) nice to meet you all!!

thanks!! my lfs said the dwarf pleco was fine for a 10 gallon tank, but i'm hoping to get a larger tank anyways ;) either way it will work out :). thanks for the links!! lost the platy today, the ich just took him over fast :( the other fish aren't showing any signs of problems, so hopefully now that the platy is gone, the ich will clear up fast!!

Hi and welcome! You can treat Ich with just heat or heat and salt (although with a pleco I'd go for just heat): Freshwater Ich? Yuck! - Aquarium Advice

Also in the long-term you'll need a much larger tank for the pleco. This guide might help some too: Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

Welcome to AA!

Back
Top Bottom