Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cories4Life

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I have had fish for 1/2 year .I'm a college boy who loves fish. I currently have a 20 long with an Aquaclear 50 installed and a heater. The fish inside are 4 Orange Von Rio Flame Tetras, 1 Female Swordtail, 3 Peppered/Leopard Cory Cats. The tank is set at 78-79 F, the Ph is kept at neutral(7.0). I currently believe the ammonia is 0.25 but because of my slight color blindness sometimes its harder to determine the color the nitrites and nitrates are zero. I currently have a gravel substrate and all artificial plants. I have lost 4 Von Rio Flame Tetras, 2 Dalmatian Mollies, 1 Male Swordtail, and 2 Peppered Cory Cats. I have determined most of the deaths are from the LFS I Used to go to "Petsmart" and now shop from a smaller family owned store.
I intend to get a couple more Orange Von Rio Flame Tetras 1-2 Peppered/Leopard Cory Cats once i figure out which one it is. I also am in the process of setting up a 30 tall which will focus around Pygmy Cory Catfish. I'd love to hear from anyone about advice or anything involving anything above. I always love learning and increasing my knowledge so i can better help my fish.

Hi and welcome! :)

As mentioned above, your tank hasn't cycled yet, so hold off on those extra fish for a few more weeks. That's the hard part (waiting) :lol:

Looking forward to seeing your crew :)

Back
Top Bottom