Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calicogirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello my name is kellie I have been breeding fish for years and just Decided to switch from cichlids and other fish to breeding Calico albino and Brown bristlenose plecos.
I have a 80 and 90 gallon tank set up with Cichlids breeds are red Zebras, german reds lots of sp peacocks and ob sp peacocks white solofi and sp-44s and a few other kinds I got with tanks I bought (all Cichlids for sale)

In a 50g I have a pair of brown bristlenose plecos that are breeding like nuts
In a 50g I have about 50 baby albinos and two Calico babies
In a 40g I have a breeding trio of Calico bristlenose plecos that have eggs now :)
In a 30g I have 160+ 2 week old baby brown (from the pair) ( hes in eggs again already) with 25% of the Clutch being albino
In a 15g I have ghost shrimp breeding to feed the cichlids
I feed the best live frozen and pellet food for healthy colourful cichlids
The plecos get Cucumber zucchini green kelp sheets and Algae discs I also rotate the baby fish through 4 different tanks with two tanks sitting empty at all times to Allow algae growth
I have a new 90g and 60g I am setting up now the new babies will be going in to the 60g and the older babies will be in the 90g with the baby cichlids
I think that's all of my tanks so far lol

Hi I'm Cindy and I need help! I have a tank with new born cichlids and the tank has become infested with black beard algae. How can I move these babies safely and would it be ok to put them with some older babies about 12 weeks old.

Hi I'm Cindy and I need help! I have a tank with new born cichlids and the tank has become infested with black beard algae. How can I move these babies safely and would it be ok to put them with some older babies about 12 weeks old.

Hey, welcome both of you. Cindy, this considered thread jacking,haha we would love to help though.

Oh lol I'm sorry I've never participated in forums before and I've never heard of thread jacking please explain so I don't do it again!

Oh lol I'm sorry I've never participated in forums before and I've never heard of thread jacking please explain so I don't do it again!

It's not a prob, it's where somebody post something that takes away from the OP original statement like.
It gets the thread closed. It's easy to create a new thread, just go to the section it needs to be posted in, the click add new thread

I love fish

I like pie
What kind of pie
Apple
Blueberry is better
Ect.

Re black beard Algae

I have had new born german reds in with babies that are a few months older as long as you give the babies lots of plants to hide in they will be fine. As for the black beard Algae I have never had a problem with it I always use a Filtration system that is rated for more gallons than my tank And always have a smaller backup filter running just in case, I also have a air line in all my tanks and in the 3 80+gallons I also have a power head running. Attached is a short video of my breeding tank that is now a show tank because I'm no longer breeding cichlids will send pic of the baby tank next. The babies are all in a 40gallon on till later tonight then they are going into a 90g tank with a Divider with the big albino Algae eaters cichlid babies on one side and the brand new baby Algae eaters on the other side

This is the german red babies and the sp-44 babies and the yellow labs the yellow in the video is the smallest sorry the tank is a mess I feed Green seaweed sheetsto the plecos and pellets for the babies there are also ghost shrimp breeding in this tank

The new babies and yes the tank is messy to because I feed them last night and my filter was clogged up as I have to have a net on the intake or I end up with babies in the **** thing lol be so much better once there in the big tank

Let me know if you can't see the pictures and the videos for some reason my phones not being very nice

Back
Top Bottom