Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dieseltech20

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Long time lurker so I figure I should join in. Have been in the hobby for almost 6 years.

It all started when the kids brought home some Goldfish from the County fair. Knowing NOTHING, I filled a container with water and put them in it. The results were not good and the kids were upset. So I went out and bought a 20G setup and did some (not nearly enough) research. Lost some fish before learning about cycling.

Moved to a new house and almost gave up on the Aquarium but didn't have anyone to give the very hardy Pleco that survived my lack of knowledge. Once I learned how to care for him, I restocked the tank. Ran out of room and got a good deal on a 55G tank. That tank started leaking 2 years later so I got a new one.

Currently have that 55G with my original Pleco :) also have 10 Black Skirt Tetra, 2 Cory and an upside down Catfish.

Just setup a 10G for my son. Feeders Supply had a $1 per gallon sale last month and I picked up a 75G for $75. Will be setting that up soon. That tank will be replacing the 55 and will be well stocked.

I am still learning things in this hobby. Nearly lost everything last week to an Ich outbreak. Was a wakeup call to my lackadaisical style of Aquarium maintenance. My fish are MUCH happier now :)

Back
Top Bottom