Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catface

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there,

My name's Joe and I'm new to keeping fish.
Here's my tank so far -
IMAG0298.jpg

I'm 2 weeks into my fhishless cycle. :fish2:

My ammonia levels haven't started to drop yet. Will test again today and test for nitrites just in case I'm not reading the test bottle correctly. How far in are you?

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Woohoo! Tested levels earlier and my ammonia has dropped to 1ppm and I have 0.5ppm nitrates!

The party's getting started!

Many thanks to Eco23 for his excellent fishless cycle guide. :D

Congrats! I'm 4 days in and no change to NH3/4 yet. BUT, Just today I got some seeding material from my LFS for free! I was just at the right place at the right time. It's a 1/4 filter and gravel from his 125gl stock tank. I hope my party get's started now too. He said things "might" get moving quick so I need to be ready lol. ROI water ready to go. I laughed at myself when I was holding this little bucket of water and filter/gravel like I had the cure for cancer. lol

I'm on stage 'M' now of Eco23's cycling process. Did the 60% water change on Monday. When I tested again yesterday, the ammonia was down to zero from 4ppm in 24 hours. The nitrite was high though so I think the nitrite eating bacteria are still building up. I'm close though, I hope!

Back
Top Bottom