hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dodi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone. I am new to the site and so glad I have joined. I have a crowntail betta I got in July 2014, his name is Elvis. I want to learn as much as I can about fish keeping. His home is in a 3 gallon tank with sponge filter, heater, anubias plants and moss ball. I love him and didnt realize that when I was told they are easy fish to keep, there really is more care involved but I love it. Thank you!

Welcome!! It's time for you to update that tank soon! Haha you'll be addicted soon.

Thank you! Yes I want to give him a bigger home and more plants too! It is fun and I am already addicted, it is like a new baby, I worry about him and he is sure spoiled but in a good way. He is healthy and happy, thankfully. thanks again!

Welcome Dodi!! Yeah when I started I thought the same thing, the pet stores are pretty useless with information on keeping fish

Thanks Jack! Yes its true. It is too bad that many employees at pet chains are not knowledgeable on fish keeping. I was told the betta kit was good when I bought him but I felt awful keeping him in that small space so went and got a bigger tank. I alsomhad no knowledge on fish and was not even aware you have to cycle a tank Or what a nitrogen cycle was! After much research on line and luck my fish was okay and thankfully did not get sick through this. I should have been prepared before I got him.

Welcome to Aquarium Advice! :welcome: It sounds like you are a very good fish keeper, I love learning knew things too, and Bettas are so much fun! :wave: Enjoy the forums!

Thank you! Yes its alot of fun! I love this site too! :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom