Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crichton013

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I'm nosloc and I'm new to this forum. I've been an aquarium enthusiast for years now but I'm really starting to get obsessed now so I figured I'd join a forum. I currently have 4 active tanks, one is planted. Two 55g, a 35g, and a 5g. If anyone happens to be interested in them I can post pictures.

I recently purchased a new 150g (2'x2'x5') that I'm trying to plan out now. I haven't owned an aquarium this large yet so I had a few questions.

I'd like to stock it with
2 Oscar chichilids (one albino)
1 Gar (not sure which kind to get)
6+ Clown loaches
1 Common Pleco (14" I already have him)

These are all fish I'm new to so I'd love to hear some tips from someone who has had personal experience with these fish. Is this too many or too few?

I'm planning on using white sand and river rocks for the basis of the tank, perhaps some floating plants if that won't cause problems, but nothing planted as I know Oscars will uproot them. I don't currently have a filter that's large enough for this tank, though I do plan on using a cannister filter. Any suggestions?

Also can anyone recommend a good place to find a solid test kit for all the basics? I gave one but it doesn't test for ammonia, pH, or nitrite...

Thanks everyone! [emoji1]

Nice looking tanks, and congrats on the new 150g, how exciting! I am not too experienced with freshwater, so I cannot be much of a help with the questions. However, I can direct you to an area of the website where more people may see them. If no one responds here, I suggest posting the questions here:
Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Thanks you for joining us, you will love it here. :)

Back
Top Bottom