Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GreenGo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello AA. I joined a few months ago but have been busy with college and other things. I'm doing this intro now because I hope I can become a productive member from here on out.

I'm not exactly new to the hobby, but have been an avid aquarist for awhile. I have kept several species of fish (mostly the normal, e.g. goldfish, guppies, neon tetras, etc) and a couple species of crab. I hope to take this hobby to the next level with a sustainable wholesale business I hope to open in the next couple years.

The main difference between my wholesale and most other commercial breeders out there is that in order to breed the organism I won't use synthetic hormones. I am going into conservation biology and ecology (BS), and as such am a bit more naturalistic than a lot of wholesalers. I am going to be a scientist and hope with my degree I'll be able to travel the world collecting, studying, breeding, raising, and selling aquatic organisms in the aquarium hobby. However, I also hope to ensure the next gen of the wild populations. As such, I will also release some from certain breeding programs for those organisms that are endangered in the wild and need such a program.

That's a bit about me. I hope to learn and also start gaining a reputation. I have been on a couple aquarium forums in the past, so I know how this all goes down, but still largely lack the proper reputation I think I need to be successful. I would appreciate gaining contacts in other countries if possible, as this will help my overall business goal.

Overall, thanks for having me. Hope everyone has a blessed day. Hope to help out as well as learn some new things. I'll see y'all around soon enough!

:thanks:

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the community as an active participant. Check out the breeding section for active threads and interesting info on keeping and raising critters to sell. There are a few here who do this.

Look forward to you being able to help others and be a part of the fun.

Welcome to AA Look forward to hear more about your achievements
If you're trying to sell things as a business, I suggest joining our supporting venders section ,
it sounds like you can help some of the members achieve their goals in breeding and be a good asset to the group ,
look forward to seeing you on the boards (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom