Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skippy426ci

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all! My names Jake, dad always had fish tanks growing up, and about 2 years ago I "inherited" a 5 gallon tank for the Oscars we bought my dad. Well, we first put them in his 55 gallon tank and almost immediately started trying to eat the others, so in the 5 gallon they went, then a 26 gallon, then a 55 gallon till I moved into my own place. Dad decided he wanted the other 55 gallon I had bought so he bought me a 60 gallon for my birthday and gave me Oscar, the Oscar fish, "Titan" the striped Raphael catfish, and "Larry" the peppermint pleco.

Fast forward a few months and Oscar had died, we think he got too stressed during the move and new environment, let the tank cycle for about 2 weeks before we put him in though, all levels except nitrates were okay. Since Larry and Titan were doing okay I let it sit for 3 weeks doing about 25% changes each week before adding new fish.

Currently got 6 or 7 red tetra's, 5 Dalmatian Mollies, 1 gold lyre tail Molly, Titan, and Larry. Originally picked up 2 Dalmatian mollies and 3 red tetra's from pet smart of all places and 2 months later babies and still have the originals!

Hope to learns tons more here, and eventually get some live plants in my tank that look healthy, mine currently don't...

With Oscar, loved that fish
407069c8a37dfbf564310bd8bbb033bb.jpg

He had scale damage after the move, otherwise was a gorgeous fish
24c4a004b6a9795c5c45d7ad2d44fbe3.jpg

And here we are today! I suck at getting pictures of the actual fish...
4509038d59779846c5d6b75adcd3291d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi Jake ,
glad you found us I had a oscar years ago he lived 16 years , they are neat looking fish I always wanted a gold bar oscar but never did get one ,
nice looking tank glad you shared some picts

Thanks guys! And I lied, they're red platy's not tetra's haha... And there are now 6 baby platy's in addition to my 3 originals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom