Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChanEKC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey I'm Chan, I just recently started this whole aquarium thing with the kiddos. I got fish because I thought they would be fairly low maintenance.
My stepfather taught me that "if your going to do something then do it right" so I decided against just getting a little fish bowl cause I wanted the fish to live longer than a week.
So I did a bunch of research and ended up with a 20 gallon tank and put a whole bunch of live plants in to help filter the water so that one day (hopefully) I might be able to do a water change every 2 weeks instead of every week. And got 5 Molly's
-Dalmatian
-black molly
-platinum lyre tail
-2 gold dust

They immediately separated themselves into groups... Not the black molly he was kind of a loner (he passed at about week 5 of starting the tank). But the Dalmatian and platinum molly in one group and the gold dust Molly's are inseparable. I'm glad we got Molly's because they are really active and fun to watch. But they are a lot more work than I had planned on but they make my daughter so happy its worth it.

Hi chan, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Back
Top Bottom