Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennymph

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm Jen and am new to the fishkeeping hobby. I have a 30L tank for my Betta Haiku and his Nerite Snail friend. I am currently in process of cycling a 180L tank that will eventually be a community tank (a community that I've not yet planned). I've always loved fish as my Dad has an outdoor Koi pond, and I had 2 beautiful Black Moors when I was younger, but due to lack of education they sadly passed. Now I'm older and have educated myself properly and have a keen interest in learning more, fishkeeping is now my fabulous and (challenging) hobby.
Looking forward to be part of Aquarium Advice! ???

Attachments

• IMG_20171220_200834_168.jpg
    IMG_20171220_200834_168.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 50
Hi Jen, welcome to the forum. Haiku's looks a very handsome fellow. I look forward to seeing more pics of him.

I have Orandas in my 36 gal. They are too cute. I like my angels in the 55 gallon and my south american cichlids in my 150 gallon. But they always seems to be a little aggressive. Thats just their nature. If you love goldfish and their sweet personalities go for it!!! I reccomend in your 45 gallon you do 3/4 black moors (they like temps about 75 deg) so you can keep kuhli loaches with them at 75 degrees. Also vampire shrimp, ghost shrimp, red tailed minnow, snails. I have for a loonngg time lol. It depends on your filtration. I have a sand bed (which keeps tank clean!! No poops when syphoning) because of my canister filter. If you get a canister filter you will save $$ in the long run. If you want more black moors you would need a good filter :). Its a myth goldfish produce the most waste too. Plecos, platies , mollies take the cake for that one. I love ur betta btw!!! Mine sadly just passed away :'(

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and compliments on Haiku, he's a beauty for sure <3
Also in reply to epoole.j - I'm planning to get a 75G for some Black Moors or Orandas in the near future :) & very sorry to hear you lost your Betta :c

Back
Top Bottom