Hello,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TracyH

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi.

Thanks for letting my join. My fish obsession started with left over bait. I had a 10g that we dumped the minnows in after fishing to keep for the next trip out. They of course needed air, so I got a pump. The water got yucky so I got a filter. Tank looked bare so I got gravel. And so on. All for leftover bait. At the end of the fishing season the ones left hung around for the winter and grew huge!!

After a year of keeping 5 minnows alive I thought I wanted some color in the tank. So over the course of a couple months I brought home a subukin goldfish, a comet, a tiny koi (marketed as a koi, looks like a goldfish to me) a fantail gold fish and another type of goldfish. Now I have a 10g horribly over stocked freshwater aquarium. It is established and fish are doing well. My fish are rapidly outgrowing their 10g and keeping good water quality is getting harder by the week. Time for an upgrade, right??

I recently lost my mind and purchased a high tech, RR, planted 92g corner nightmare. I will be begging advice and opinions as I try to make this work in time to save the plants that came with the tank and make it suitable for the fish in my little tank.

If you want to read more about my nightmare, I have a post in the freshwater planted section.

I look forward to learning from all of you.

Tracy

Back
Top Bottom