Hello All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mds77-s

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just wanted to say hi to everyone out there. This site has been of great help already in most of my choices so far. I had been thinking of getting an aquarium, and looked into & researched what is really involved. Granted I have 2 friends with salt tanks and just awesome to view, and I see a little of the behind the scenes actions. They both offered to help me with salt set up and I was just not ready for that...sooooo I watched CL and found what I was after, 30g AC70 metal stand (not my preface but o well)hood and light all like new at a Very nice price. The rest of my items from LFS (see already learning..lol)

Ok, now it is filled last evening (8/19) water original ph is on the 7.5-7.7 range out of the tap. I have wood in the tank so will see what it is tonight.
I did put the dechlorinator in yesterday after pump and heater ran a bit.
I will start the cycle fishless with the ace ammonia....

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the questions and answers I have already read. A lot of good info digested. Just one more decision.....who will be my new friends :fish2:...lol..got a few weeks of cycle to finalize those choices.

:welcome:

Hello! Decisions, decisions... :facepalm:
:lol:
Are there any particular types of fish you are drawn to?
Dwarf cichlids?
Tetras?
Bottom dwellers?
A particular fish that made you want a tank?
Do you want colour over character?
Do you want to create a themed tank, or a natural biotope?
At least you have some time to make up your mind, because every change of mind comes with yet another new tank....and the tanks get bigger each time :lol:

Back
Top Bottom