Hello all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimmyw

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just wanted to post quickly about my excitement for this site and the opportunity to learn grow and share!! My husband and I have a 55 gallon tank with a community of fish! I am hoping to get better with the exact species naming of our crew but this is our line up: 9 tiger barbs 2 blue cichlids (of different kinds) 3 peach colored cichlids (2 kinds) 3 yellow electric cichlids 2 banded leporinus 1 rope fish 1 blue lobster.

We change about 25%of water once month. Check levels thru local pet store. We feed them flakes pellets frozen cubes brine shrimp.

They seem really happy although at times the blue electric is very aggressive and shakes about all the time

Lastly we have 1 yellow cichlid that is holding and this is our second go round of not knowing what to do. So... Glad I found this site

Go to the Freshwater planted section. There are several 'stickies' to read on getting started, including one on lights. But, I wanna say to shoot for 6500k.

Back
Top Bottom