Hello All!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faedother

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all!
I have been taking care of fish since I was 8 years old, off and on. I have a 29 gallon tank with two aerators, a Marineland Penguin 200 bio wheel filter, one Aqueon circulation Pump. Below are some pictures. There are 5 glass fish, two tiger barbs, three red tailed barbs, and one albino minipleco. Pictures below:

PvuEtzH.jpg

Oy6wAdf.jpg

dFFU8ph.jpg

As you can see I have added some live plants to the left of the tank and a moss ball for the drift wood. I have never tried to use live plants. However I am going to take a crack at it.

I also have a 6.5 gallon Marineland Pillar tank kit. I have taken more of a artistic stance on its decoration. I am put a baby beta in it. I have never raised a beta. So it is something I am taking a crack at it. Pictures below:

3PpjLEg.jpg

qk9xLvT.jpg

pgZPvV6.jpg

I have not really had any problems with my 29 gallon tank. I have been cultivating the bacteria in the gravel for about 4-5 years. Today way the first time I have had a nitrate spike, 180 ppm. So I did a 50% water change and cleaned the filter, it was caked with algae. So I am confident that it will level out.

Well, that is my introduction. I know it is long and thanks for reading this far. Tell me what you all think.

Nice to meet you all,
Austin

Back
Top Bottom