Hello All! Having Major Ammonia Issues!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corvettz0624

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all. So im new to fish tanks and currently am running a 29 gallon tank with a fluval 307 canister filter and boy am I having issues! I have had the tank for about 2 months and have done many water changes but nothing is working! My ammonia keeps spiking and killing my fish. I do have sand in the tank brand Super Natural premium substrate.... I have ammonia remover and ammonia remover pads in the canister filter for about 3 weeks and nothing has helped. Im using api ammonia lock, api tap water condition and quick start also during my water changes. Also recently ran into that there is a white film on the surface of the water. I have attached a water test and pictures of the film and tank set up. Thanks in advance!

I cant see any pictures of your testing or tank.

What levels of ammonia are you seeing? Is this before or after your water changes?

What has been a typical water change schedule? How much? How often?

What fish are you keeping? Are you overfeeding?

Have you tested your tap water for ammonia? Your high ammonia could be down chloramine rather than chlorine as a water treament. Chloramine is chlorine and ammonia chemically bonded.

I am seeing a dangerous level. Its well water. Normally around 4-8 ppm....

I have been doing 50% water changes every week.

currently I have no fish because they died and I am trying to get the tank under control before I put any more fish in.

I have been using the master api test kit so yeah I have been testing the water. I tested the faucet water and thats high as well.

Back
Top Bottom