Hello All! Im a bit new here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExoticAquarist

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys! I'm so excited to be here. This is the first aquatic forums I've been to and I'm pumped to receive and give out advice. So, just a bit about me and my take on this hobby. 1. I'm young. I won't say how young because that could be potentially catastrophic, at least for me. I'm really interested in south American tetras and small fish as well as the rather peaceful SA/NW cichlids, such as discus, angelfish, apistogramma, and of course, rams. I've never actually owned any of these fish, but I have the rest of my life to do so. My dream fish are bettas (not the dull ones wasting away in poopy cups at petsmart), but beautiful Thailand bred ones (lucky me, I have an LFS that sells those types of betta.), green neon tetras (cant find 'em anywhere :sad:), Andromeda danios (also called galaxy rasboras and celestial pearl dainios), discus, rams, midnight catfish, and ornamental plecostamus. Oh, above it looks like I said I didn't have any SA small fish. I've had nearly every tetra you can think of, and my fair share of cory cats. Well, I've done enough cyber-rambling for now. I hope I'm welcomed warmly and I hope I meet some nice people. Bye! :wave::thanks:

Warm welcome from sunny Florida!!

I was lucky enough to find a spectacular specimen of female betta at Petsmart. She's what got me back into this addicti-- er, hobby ?

Hope you find what you're looking for and can't wait to follow along on your adventures!

And besides, age is just a number! Unless you're two years old, in which case, impressive vocabulary... ?

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Thanks guys! I agree that age is just a number. The big problem is that my mom will only let me have 1 tank... Im fighting tooth and nail to bring my old 10 gallon out of my basement and turn it into a betta tank. Glad to be welcomed so warmly.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

oh, and glad you found a good betta at petsmart! The rarest i've seen at petsmart were a yellow betta and a rosetail being sold as a halfmoon. If you didn't know, a rosetail is a mutation made when trying to create a longer halfmoon. It looks like a halfmoon with a ripply caudal fin.

And shellyx, I forgot to add elephantnose to my dream fish list! As well as blue-eye rainbows.

And shellyx, I forgot to add elephantnose to my dream fish list! As well as blue-eye rainbows.

Love mine Lol, yeah I also like blue eye rainbows they're pretty fish. I kept dwarf rainbows and really enjoyed keeping them too :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Back
Top Bottom