Hello all! New member here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afrancis97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone! Wanted to introduce myself and show off my tank! This is my first tank, it's a 55 gallon. I have been following threads on here to complete my fishless cycle a few days back. I started this journey off by buying 6 Bleeding Heart Tetras. Any good advice about community fish to go with them?? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393962871.345057.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393962882.403617.jpg

Plecos are pretty cool, I'm not really sure how to update my profile so yeah can I have some help?

Welcome to AA!!! Nice tank you have there. What other fish interest you that you may wanna add?

Thanks! I was thinking of adding some kind of bottom dweller/scavenger. Adding maybe a few more tetras and I really like dwarf gouramis. Trying to be careful with choices, from what I read BH tetras can get nippy if not kept in a decent school size. I have 8 now since I just purchased 2 more today.

You could many try some snails or some Amano Shrimp.

I don't have any shrimp in my tanks, but II have heard that Amano Shrimp are larger and hardier than some other freshwater shrimp. I do have two Zebra Nerites in my Betta tank, and he is very aggressive, but they have done fine with him.

Thanks for the welcome! I think I am going to go with a couple snails for an invertebre. I'll read up on the zebras... I heard mystery snails are pretty good too.

Back
Top Bottom