Hello all newbie here from Michigan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephpartin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone so glad to be here!! I have been reading a lot of discussions on this site that have helped me tremendously over the past week with two betta fish. I Adopted a male betta (Charlie) from petco and had him in a 1 and a half gallon tank that I bought from amazon. I started reading how cruel and unhealthy this was for fish and immediately switched to a 6 gallon tank that I am in the process of cycling. Actually I'm cycling two tanks at the moment. One five gallon and the one six gallon. I'm doing the in fish cycle since I did not know any better when I got them. So far charlie and Peppy are doing fine. A little stressed from the water changes (every other day) but other than that they seem to be adjusting and happy. I am seeing nitrates and nitrites in the 5 gallon but none in the six gallon yet. The 5 has been cycling a little bit longer than the 6. I'm using the water softener and the fluval cycle that came with it and got some beautifully disgusting water from the fish store and am testing the water everyday with strips and an ammonia kit. I know the strips can be unreliable so I'm getting a API master kit today. Please let me know if i am doing something wrong or have any advice to make this best for charlie and peppy.

Peppy is supposed to be a dragon scale betta and I have attached pics to see if anyone can tell me if he actually is what petco said because I read that some dragons are actually metallics or something like that. lol

So nice to meet you all and hope for some good feedback:thanks

Attachments

• Image #44592 x 3448-14004184592 x 3448-2.jpg
    Image #44592 x 3448-14004184592 x 3448-2.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 62
Gorgeous fish!
Welcome, I'm a newbie too. Great forums and lots of information. Sounds like you are well on your way.. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Welcome! Im from Michigan myself! Nice to see more michiganders :)

What city do you live in?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom