hello and help =(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giltaripoulus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi, im from panama. i just bought a 150G tank with a 1200 cascade penn- plax canister filtre. im just about to start the "cicle period" on the tank before releasing an arowana. i have noticed that is very important that the tank receive bio filtration. i have seen some options like the ceramic or bio balls.. the filtre has 4 chambers. the last one has 2 coarse sponge, then the active carbon and the other 2 has a floss pad. the filtration comes from bottom to top. any advice of what i should replace with bio material? or should i leave it the way it came..? plis any suggestions would be appreciated. im new on this and want some advice before making any mistakes. also how many time i shoul leave the tank working before putting the arowana..

Hi and welcome. The very first thing you should do is search the site for 'The (almost) complete guide and FAQ to fishless cycling'. It will tell you about how to cycle your tank and how important it is to complete before you add any fish.

ok ill be waiting for your guide. alsoo what can u tell me with the filtre ? and the bio balls or the ceramic ? what combination should i use on the 4 chambers

ok ill be waiting for your guide. alsoo what can u tell me with the filtre ? and the bio balls or the ceramic ? what combination should i use on the 4 chambers

I'm on my phone and I don't know how to add links. ( you think i would have learnt bynow).

So if someone else sees this and wants to post the link to eco's fishless cycle info that would be great!

With the filter it's really up to you. But with my 3 chamber canister I have coarse sponge ( to catch all the larger particles of waste) then ceramic rings ( to house the beneficial bacteria) then white filter floss ( to collect the finer particles of waste). Most don't use carbon except to remove medicine after treatment.

Back
Top Bottom