Hello and help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LBC808

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new here and joined for the great advice. I recently perchased a 110 gal. tank and I'm currently cycling it to make a salt water tank with a combo of fish and soft corals. I bought the Hydor Koralia 1500 reef system because everything I read and watched said that these pumps are designed to eliminate powerhead knock. I put the pumps to cycle back and forth every 15 minutes but the right pump knock terribly and sometimes won't get started for several minutes. I have them mounted at the top of the tank pointing down to the opposite corner of the tank. Is there something I can do to prevent this cavitation apon start up?

Thanks for the help.. Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nothing? Really?

Hi and welcome to AA. I've never personally used the korillia controller systems (I always just run them all the time unless I'm feeding) but have you tried cleaning the power heads? Something may be binding the propeller so that it takes a little bit to overcome it. Try posting in the sw section or maybe a mod can move it for you as I'm sure someone has used the korillia controllers on the site. And on a 110 3000 gph puts you right in the sweet spot in terms of flow so I'd just run them both all the time, JMO though.

Thanks and that is what I think I'm going to have to do. I really liked the idea of the wave motion but I'm just going to have to settle for moving water it looks like.

Back
Top Bottom