Hello and many questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julixttx

Aquarium Advice Activist
First of all, hey! I'm Julixttx and im kind of new here. I have tons of questions. Now there are 2 different water tanks I have questions about and the salt water tank I won't be getting until my birthday (July) but I want to start getting the stuff.

Freshwater Betta questions;
1. Is it alright to have a split Betta tank with 2 Berta's one on either side and a glass Paine in the middle?
2. What happens when a Betta starts turning grey and has white tips on its fins?

Saltwater Tank questions;
1. What size tank is needed (minimum) for 1 percula clown fish, 1 regal tang, 1/2 cleaner shrimp, and 1 anemone?
2. What anemone of the following is compatable with all the fish above? Ritteri sea anemone, leathery (I can't remember the rest of the name) anemone, giant or saddle carpet anemone.
3. Are any of the fish needed to be coupled up or in a group?
4. What other supplies is needed other than the tank to make it alright for the fish?
5. What's live rock?
6. Is it okay to put sea shells from the Atlantic coast into a salt water tank? Thanks for your help!

First of all, hey! I'm Julixttx and im kind of new here. I have tons of questions. Now there are 2 different water tanks I have questions about and the salt water tank I won't be getting until my birthday (July) but I want to start getting the stuff.

Freshwater Betta questions;

1. Is it alright to have a split Betta tank with 2 Berta's one on either side and a glass Paine in the middle?

2. What happens when a Betta starts turning grey and has white tips on its fins?

Saltwater Tank questions;

1. What size tank is needed (minimum) for 1 percula clown fish, 1 regal tang, 1/2 cleaner shrimp, and 1 anemone?

2. What anemone of the following is compatable with all the fish above? Ritteri sea anemone, leathery (I can't remember the rest of the name) anemone, giant or saddle carpet anemone.

3. Are any of the fish needed to be coupled up or in a group?

4. What other supplies is needed other than the tank to make it alright for the fish?

5. What's live rock?

6. Is it okay to put sea shells from the Atlantic coast into a salt water tank? Thanks for your help!

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

How big is your Betta tank? If you want to divide it, you should get a panel that the fish can't see through, unless you have two females.
Can you post a pic of your betta? That will better help us understand what is going on.

I can't really help you with the saltwater, sorry!

Fishobsessed7

I was planning on getting a store bought 2 side betta tank so I havent a clue what it looks like. I'm fairly certain the Paine inside is a reflective one that shows themselves.

I was planning on getting a store bought 2 side betta tank so I havent a clue what it looks like. I'm fairly certain the Paine inside is a reflective one that shows themselves.

I avoid these as they stress the fish AND Bettas can Jump !

Just start with a 5-10g tank for one Betta. Much easier to keep clean and to heat.
This was my last Betta in his 10g palace. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424810242.670695.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Alright thank you very much c:

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom