Hello & to clean or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clean or not to clean

• Clean out as normal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Start again

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

manth1975

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hiya everyone

I have just joined and here's a bit about me. I have a 8 gallon tank. A 16 gallon tank and a 43 gallon tank. I ended up into fish as the kids demanded some goldfish last Christmas and they rapidly out grew the tank and are now housed in the 16 gallon tank. I then got some tropicals for my small tank and was lucky enough to get a great deal on the 43 gallon tank from a friend who's moving house.

I now have 3 Yo-Yos, 1 pleco, 2 rosy tetras, a pile of neons and a mass of guppys. No problems with the big tank just need to pass on some guppys when they are grown.

My query at the moment is to clean or not to clean?

The 8 gallon tank has no fish in it since the transfers to bigger tank of all guppy fry but is infested with snails and now Planaria worms. The yo Yos kept them down but I want to buy a male beta for this tank and can't decide weather to dump the lot and get it started with a few neons or to try and clean it up.

What's the consensus?

Thanks

Welcome to AA! What kind of goldfish is it? And how many do you have? Two might be okay in the 43g depending on this type . Hope you like the site so far!

Thanks : ) I have 3 probably mixed breed goldfish, but they have gone through several colour changes and a rapid increase in size so think they need a bigger tank or pond in the new year. It's the small one I'm not sure what to do with. Would like a beta. Think I'm probably gonna clean it totally and start again.

I do run 2 filters otherwise it's a nightmare to keep up with water changes

Back
Top Bottom