Hello! Another new Fish Keeper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EShark83

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I will soon be starting my first fish tank. I have been thinking of starting one for about 2 years or so and my wife surprised me with a 55 gallon and stand that she bought from craigslist. Everything checks out with it, holds water (no cracks or leaks). It did have an old oak finish on the rims etc but after some research and heavy googling I figured out I could use Krylon Fusion and some taping to sand them down and change the color of the trim. I also changed up the stand to match our furniture a bit.

So after about 4 days of work on the stand (Thanksgiving slowed me down) and a whole lot of cleaning with vinegar our tank is up and ready for water! We're about to embark on our first fishless cycle armed with an API master test kit, ace ammonia, and this forum hopefully we'll get through it :lol:

I'm sure you'll see me around quite a bit here. I'll probably post some before and after pics of my tank in the DIY forums, pretty proud of it so far! :D

Back
Top Bottom