Hello Community!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cypilk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I am new to Aquarium Advice and fairly new to owning my own aquarium. I hope to find some new friends that share the same aquatic interest I do here!

WELCOME TO AA!!!

You have found the right place! Are you going SW or FW?
Please don't cycle with live critters.

FW!!.

Yeah, im about to go the store... . .Maybe I shouldn't cycle with life critters.. .

Hmmm, not sure about FW, but I would think it has a smiliar cycle, the first two stages (at least in SW) are very toxic to the fish. Myabe a "freshie" can assist.....

Welcome to AA! :multi:

The first two stages of cycling in FW, ammonia and nitrite, are toxic to fish, same as SW, although the bacteria isn't exactly the same. Many members here have had success with fishless cycling using ammonia. I have a 10% ammonia solution that I bought from a chemical supply company. I remember some members saying they got an ammonia solution at a hardware store or grocery store. Just make sure it has no surfectants, purfumes, etc., in it. You can do search here on this site or on the Internet for "fishless cycling".

Back
Top Bottom