Hello! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matt_7689

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone!
I am fairly new to owning an aquarium. I started out with a small 2 gallon tank with two fancy guppies. I acquired this when my family friend decided that she did not want to have them anymore. They were in fairly poor condition and were okay for a few months. One of them died today which I am a tad bit sad about. :nono:
I recently got a ten gallon aquarium and had two fancy guppies, two tetras, and a third fish that I am unsure of. One of the tetras and one of the guppies died from the new filter and were sucked onto the intake tube. :banghead:
I found out about this site from searching what to do about fish getting stuck and decided that I should join so that I could become more informed about the hobbie and maybe enjoy it a little more. I'm looking forward to being on this site and maintaining a happy aquarium with happy fish! :fish2::fish1:
:thanks:

Welcome to AA but the fish didn't die from the intake..a healthy fish wouldn't have that issue.do you own a test kit to check ammonia nitrIte nitrate and PH..also tetras are a schooling fish so they are best kept in a school of atleast 5

Welcome to AA but the fish didn't die from the intake..a healthy fish wouldn't have that issue.do you own a test kit to check ammonia nitrIte nitrate and PH..also tetras are a schooling fish so they are best kept in a school of atleast 5

Sadly I do not own a test kit, I do need one though. I learned that it was most likely because I did not cycle the tank.... OOPS! :ermm: I only had two tetras because of the size of the previous "tank". I do plan on getting more in a month. (Ahem, after it cycle's.)

Well first you'll need to go out and get one then more then likely daily wc til your tanks parameters level out

Well first you'll need to go out and get one then more then likely daily wc til your tanks parameters level out

Okay, thanks! I'm still new to this so your advice really helps. I do not plan on adding anymore fish until everything levels out. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom