Hello everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neurotik

Aquarium Advice Freak
I suppose I should have posted this a week or two ago when I first became active on the forums, but I was busy discussing some questions I had on cycling my new tank, but now that things are finished up with that, I figured I'd post and say hello to everyone and introduce myself a bit :)

Just wanted to say that it has been a pleasure being a part of this community thus far and the people who responded to my thread about cycling my tank were more than helpful. A couple of months ago my girlfriend and I decided we wanted to get started in the hobby so we did a bunch of research and started planning what we wanted to start out with. About a month or so ago we decided to start out with a 55 gallon freshwater tank, so we got all of the supplies and began cycling. As of this morning's water tests, my ammonia and nitrites are both at zero now (what a relief, finally!), so we're both pretty excited about that. Now we can start planning on what we'd like to stock our tank with.

We're already discussing plans for a second (and hopefully much larger) tank that we would like to get underway later this summer. I'm sure we'll have plenty of questions as time goes on and it is always a pleasure to read what others are doing, and hopefully in time we'll gain enough knowledge and experience to start making insightful contributions to others who post here as well.

Well, I guess I'll shut up for now, haha. Still just a bit excited about our tank finally being ready to go so I'm rambling a bit -- who knew that fish could be so much fun (well, besides all of you, of course)?!

Congrats on the cycling and bravo for researching first! Most people (including myself) don't start out as well.

Welcome to the site! :)

Back
Top Bottom