Hello Everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADW76

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Everyone,

I have a 29-Gallon Freshwater aquarium I started about a month ago. I've always enjoyed keeping fish and have done so on and off for several years. I haven't had a lot of success with it though, so I've got a bigger tank, all new equipment and hopefully this time it will be different. My lack of success before, I'm fairly convinced, was not enough research (and sometimes no research at all) and some bad advice from my LFS. I'm not making those mistakes again, doing as much research as I can over things and hopefully getting some advice on this forum. I've already made some minor mistakes with this tank, especially when it was cycling, but thankfully I'm learning and the fish seem happy. I'm quite fond of tetra's and have some in the tank already. I plan to add more when the time is right.

I've become a bit obsessed with not adding any sort of chemicals to the tank unless absolutely necessary (except water conditioner for water changes). I chose species of fish for my tank partially from the water parameters that occur in the water here 'naturally', that way I don't have to dose the tank with pH altering checmicals or other perameter changers. I'm sure there are strong opinions on either side of this argument, but for now my tank is a 'chemical free zone.' :)

So there is just a glimpse into the insanity that is my brain.. :silly:

Welcome to the site! It sounds like you're off to a great start this time by researching. The folks here are great and can help out a bunch. All my FW tanks are "chemical free zones" too. ;)

Back
Top Bottom