Hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hapaboi39

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone! I have been lurking around for a while but just signed up as a member. My name is Sam and I have a planted 20 gallon tank. My tank residents are 3 Axolotls, 2 Anubias, 1 Red tiger lotus, 1 Green tiger lotus, several strands of Anacharis, and Lemina Minor.

Because my setup is primarily for my axolotls I run rather low lighting..(20W Gro-Lux), pool sand substrate, a large hiding cave, and driftwood for aesthetic appeal. All of my plants and critters are doing well, in fact one of my anubias has two flowers that are about to bloom.

Well thats about it. Hope everyone is having a good week so far.

Regards,

sam

Last edited:
Howdy! Sounds like a very cool tank. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will post pics up when I get a better camera. I could post some up now, but the quality will suck pretty bad. At first I setup an almost bare aquarium just for the axolotls, but I wanted to create more shade for them. After brainstorming a bit I figured that live plants should do the trick. Apparently axolotl poop is good fertilizer because everything just grows so fast.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will post pics up when I get a better camera. I could post some up now, but the quality will suck pretty bad. At first I setup an almost bare aquarium just for the axolotls, but I wanted to create more shade for them. After brainstorming a bit I figured that live plants should do the trick. Apparently axolotl poop is good fertilizer because everything just grows so fast.
even with a good cam my pics always suck. what type of plants did you go with? sounds like some driftwood with anubias on it would work out best for you.

even with a good cam my pics always suck. what type of plants did you go with? sounds like some driftwood with anubias on it would work out best for you.

Actually I have both said items and your right it is working out great. I know the tiger lotuses could use more light than 1wpg but they continuously shoot up new leaves every other day or something.

Back
Top Bottom