Hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JBuchanan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to this but as everyone knows it is a must to do all of the research before getting into this hobby. After reading several books I decided to get the Rsm 250. It has been up and running for 3 months now. I have 100lbs of live rock and 80lbs of sand, two peppermint shrimp and two clowns. I have a great clean up crew and my tank is factory except the chiller that I added and the chemipure. I have a ro/di unit that I use to mix my own water. The problem that I have is after 3 months I still don't have great water quality. Ammonia: .1 Nitrite: .1 Nitrate: 25ppm Ph: 8.3 I have some green and brown alage but not much as I only run my lights 6 hrs a day. I do a 10% water change once a week and i feed the fish sparingly. I want to get some corals but don't feel as if the tank is ready yet. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Welcome! First i would bump up the water changes to 20-30 % then the rsm stock skimmers arent that great so a lot of people (including me) suggest to get a different skimmer. What kind of test kit are you using?

Welcome to AA! You may want to post a new thread in the SW getting started forum. You will attract more answers that way.

Last edited:
the_fish_man said:
Welcome! First i would bump up the water changes to 20-30 % then the rsm stock skimmers arent that great so a lot of people (including me) suggest to get a different skimmer. What kind of test kit are you using?

What kind of skimmer will fit the 250? I am using the test kit that came with the tank.

Back
Top Bottom