Hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Navcab4422

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I guess when I edited my post to add an updated image link for a second picture, the thread went back to moderation or got deleted.

Here's the original
"Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the fishkeeping hobby but I can say that I'm already addicted. I started back in December when I got a 1 gallon tank as a gift and didn't know what to do with it so I got a 5 gallon to do a few fish and realized that wasn't big enough. so I returned it and paid a few bucks more to get a 29 gallon. Since then I've also purchased a used 75 and 55 locally and just got a 40 breeder that I have some interesting ideas for.

I really like to over complicate things and try to DIY a lot of things that I probably shouldn't but that's half the fun (seriously my fill/ drain system is an over complicated mess, but that's for another post).

Pic of 75 gallon:
IVB55lQ.jpg

"

But anyway RedDevil83 suggested I get UV based off of a picture of my 75 and to respond to that I do have some uv in my SunSun 304B but how effective it is is a different question.

Heres the pic from todays water change:
0r4I5UZ.jpg

I don't really have any algae issues besides black beard algae which I think may be more of a low co2 dosage or missing fert. The algae in the first picture was from setting my auto feeder to high while I was gone.

As far as stocking goes Im a little overstocked according to aquadvisor but I plan on removing the rosy barbs (mine aren't aggressive toward the other fish but they nip each other a ton plus I got them on the suggestion that they might eat the bba but they havent touched it in the month or so that I've had them) and rasboras (They insist on jumping out of my tank no matter how much I've covered the spaces), Ill probably replace them with 6 more otos and 6 more cardinal tetras

Heres the stock currently:
j3LTcwY.png

First suggestion, get rid of the kribensus, they can become mean once they mature, and kill off smaller fish. Mine killed off a cory and all my snails.

Second, what light do you have, you got some serious plants going on :p and from the looks of it, you've done your homework, also, do you use ferts?

Andnyes, a UV filter will also help the algea, just manually scrub it off the side of the tank and the filter will take care of it.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I really like my kribs but once I get my 55 up and going, it'll be semi aggressive, so I will move them if they act up. I thought the aggressiveness was just while mating, which I plan on using a second tank to breed them.

For my plant system:
Lighting:
Finnex stingray on for 10 hours a day
Finnex Ray II on for 8 hours a day

CO2:
Pressurized system with a wye going to two fluval diffusers one below my circulation pump and the other is under the canister filter intake. The CO2 runs at about 5-6 bubbles per second and is on the same timer as the stingray.

Ferts:
Seachem Flourish, 7.5 ml per week after water change
Kent Marine Iron and Manganese, 6.5 ml per week after water change

Wow! Great tanks! Love the plants and it looks like they're growing very well. Ferts sound great, and I want to make the jump to Co2 like the rest of you guys soon as well. Stock sounds good, but I agree, remove the Kribs once they're breeding and the barbs too so you have more room for some smaller fish. I just fell in love with your plants, they look great! Algae ruins everything I guess, but the UV would definitely help.

Back
Top Bottom